Contact The Ferndale Enterprise to begin your campaign in the Enterprise today!
Phone: (707) 786-3068
Write: The Ferndale Enterprise, 207 Francis Street, Ferndale, CA 95536
Visit: 207 Francis Street, Ferndale, CA (map)
Fax: (707) 786-4311
10 reasons to advertise with The Ferndale Enterprise
1. MARKET PENETRATION | A total of 1,500 Ferndale Enterprises reach homes in Humboldt County and other areas each week, read by an estimated 4,000 readers according to our latest readers’ survey. With 630 households in Ferndale, that’s an extremely high “penetration” ratio for the Victorian Village. If you want to reach Ferndalers, the Enterprise is the best way.
2. PAID CIRCULATION | Our newspaper isn’t a free “throwaway.” It is an invited, valued guest in the homes of our readers.
3. NATIONAL PRESENCE | We send hundreds of papers each week to readers across the U.S. Those readers have a great interest in Ferndale and will remember your business when they visit.
4. COMPETITIVE RATES | Our per column inch rate of $5.95 is extremely competitive compared to other weekly newspapers.
5. AWARD-WINNING CONTENT | The news in our papers is as local as you can get. We often run exclusive stories that are picked up later by neighboring weeklies and the county’s daily paper. We have brought home 16 state and national awards home in the past nine years. Our news really is “All About Us.”
6. AD DESIGN ALWAYS FREE | No “makeup” fees or the like. Professional composition included in the ad price.
7. PROVEN SUCCESS | In any given week, we have more than 50 businesses advertising in our newspaper, including the most prosperous.
8. LOCAL MEDIAN INCOME | Ferndale has one of the highest per capita incomes in the county. That means buying power and the way to reach those customers is through The Ferndale Enterprise.
9. WE WON’T LOSE YOU IN THE SHUFFLE | Our paper may be small, but you can bet we are read cover to cover. That means your ad, as is the case in bigger papers, won’t be lost in the shuffle. Even the smallest of ads are read because people are interested in the news, businesses and services that directly affect them in our community.
10. WE’RE FUN! | Finally, advertising in The Enterprise means joining in the fun. While we take our news business extremely seriously, we also like to lighten things up a bit, what with Jack’s Corner, Quote of the Week, Ruminations and From the Back Pew.
Black & white rates
Open rate, per column inch | $5.95
Front page (max. ad size 6 col. inches – 2 x 3), per inch | $6.95
Commission & cash discount
15% to agencies
Meeting notices (civic organizations), weekly, per year | $85.00
Political | General rates apply
Fictitious Business Name Statements – one name, four runs | $50.00
Additional names, per name | $5.95
ABC notices, three times | $33.00
Notice of petition to administer estate, per run, per col. inch | $5.95
20 words or less | $5.60
10 cents per word over 20
Volume contract discounts
Within one year
250 column inches | $5.55
500 column inches | $5.35
750 column inches | $5.20
1000 column inches | $5.10
1400 column inches | $4.80
1600 column inches | $4.40
2000 column inches | $3.95
Tabloid page size
Single sheet | $175.00
4-page | $325.00
Guaranteed position | 20% minimum
Printing process: Offset
6 columns, 10.25”x 21.5”, 1 col = 1.6”, 2 col = 3.33”, 3 col = 5.06”, 4 col = 6.79”, 5 col = 8.52”, 6 col = 10.25”
Depth 21 inches
Send transmissions as .eps, .pdf or .jpg
ROP depth requirements
Ads 19.5 inches deep and over are charged full depth.
Per copy price | $1.00
Thursday (paid) | 1,600
Readership* | 5,000
4:00 pm Friday prior to publication date
Publisher: Caroline Titus
Editor-in-Chief: Caroline Titus
Owned by: Cages Publishing, Inc.
* Based on readership survey of January 1998, The Enterprise has 2.5 readers per copy.
The deadine for placing an ad in the Enterprise is 4:00 PM on the Friday before publication of the issue in which the ad is to appear. The Enterprise is published every Thursday.
Top / 10 reasons to advertise with The Enterprise / Advertising rates / Deadline